In spite of my efforts to the contrary, the previous post, which was about hyperbole, seems to have inspired much talk about Breath Play instead. It’s very interesting, from a social media/sociological/psychological point of view, to see the ways people interpret my writing, my conclusions, and my stance on breath play. I accept entire responsibility for that; the failure to communicate lies in the writer, not the reader.
In an effort to clarify and directly address the subject, I present for you my four part Official Position on Breath Play:
- I disapprove of every abstinence-only educational policy I have ever encountered.
- I have engaged in and continue to engage in “breathplay”, sometimes to the point of unconsciousness with several different play partners with their full consent and knowledge of the current opinions regarding the risks involved. The following list is intended to be inclusive, not exclusive, of the various techniques used as either the top, bottom, or both:
- Aggressive Hugging
- Deep Kissing
- Throat-filling fellatio
- Blood chokes (with a tip o’ the hat to RiggerJay)
- Water bondage
- Telling puns so bad they gasp
- Constrictive rope harnesses
- Hard fall aikido throws
- Forced orgasm to the point of forgetting to breathe
- Telling jokes so funny they laugh themselves to hypoxia
- Leaving play parties into weather so cold it freezes the lungs
- Contact Improvisation
- Swing Dancing
- Ball-gags combined with making the pretty girl cry
- I do not, nor am I interested in, teaching breath play, debating its safety, or taking any side in the ongoing dispute. I do enjoy watching* both sides go at it, as debate and rhetoric are passions of mine.** I am only interested in discussing breath play with potential play partners, and like any hard limit, respect their views completely regardless of whether I agree with them personally.
- There is no Number Four.***
There we have it. Comments are welcome, however any attempt to draw me into a discussion about breath play that is not intended for potential play will be met with the aforementioned Number Four.
*Preferably while eating popcorn and/or Junior Mints
**Along with the occasional academic specializing in those subjects
**Well, I thought about making Four “I like boobies,”
just to get it out there, but I figured that kind of levity
might detract from the serious tenor
that I try to maintain in this post
and, really, throughout my blog/podcast/kink.