If you’ve listened to the latest Ropecast (and if you haven’t, why not? I’m hurt, really, I am) you know that in response to Lord Drachenblut’s request for free rope kits for listeners,
Twisted Monk and I will be giving away $50 gift certificates each month for the next four months.
That’s right, giving them away. Use it to buy a couple of lengths of your favorite, or towards a bigger kit, whatever. It’s yours. All you have to do is come up with a creative entry.
What do you mean, “creative”?
Exactly that. A picture. A poem. A story. A limerick. A drawing. An interpretive dance. Now, of course, I have to get it, and usually that involves either email or calling the Ropecast Hotline (608-432-KNOT). But I’m going to be at events, so I suppose hand-delivery is possible too.
But I’m not creative!
I would argue that, but Seth Godin does it better in his book Linchpin. Instead, I’ll make it easier for you:
- Write a pithy comment here, or phone it in to the Hotline, it counts as an entry.
- Everyone who has registered for a GRUE in the upcoming months (such as the Cleveland GRUE) will get an entry.
- If any of my sponsors – such as Twisted Monk (obviously) or Bound in Boston – tells me you frequented their business because of the ropecast, that counts as an entry.
- If you’re a “Graydancer’s Cuppa” member (see the upper right) you automatically get an entry.
- Pimp the Ropecast (www.ropecast.net) on your social media platform (or join the Facebook Fan Club) and you’ll get an entry!
How long do I have to try and be creative?
Every month’s “Theme” (and I’ll tell you this month’s theme for free: BIRTHDAY) lasts for four weeks. The first was launched Sunday the 21st of February, and the winner will be drawn at the Pancake Brunch at the Cleveland GRUE on March 21. That will also be when the next theme is announced, and the new gift certificate is up for grabs.
There’s gotta be a catch…
Yep! There is. The details above are all you’re gonna get in online form. The next theme, and more importantly, the winner of the gift certificate, will ONLY be announced on the Ropecast – and then it’s up to that individual to contact me and claim their prize.
In other words, if you don’t listen, you won’t know you won. Or how to win the next one.
Any other prizes?
What, $50 of rope isn’t enough? Greedy…you must be a switch. OK, yes, there will be random awards for those entries which are deemed by my completely partial and biased panel of judges to be worthy of note. But that is incidental; the big prize is the $50 certificate, every month.
I’ll be posting the entries in my Gallery (or here, or wherever’s appropriate) as the contest goes on.
So go out there, and Ropeth!